Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Ed's Wedding

You can imagine that after marrying off nine children, my parents were done with the "pomp and circumstance" of weddings. The contrast between Amy's wedding reception (the oldest girl in the family) and Ed's (the last to marry) is very contrasting.

Amy's wedding had four bridesmaid's with hand-made dresses. Amy's wedding dress was also hand-made by my aunt Kathy. Mom prepared hundreds of daisy-shaped mints. There was a big wedding line popular amongst the Mormon culture, with a backdrop draped in white fabric. And tons of flowers.

This was Ed's wedding reception:

A big bouncy house in the backyard for the kids.


Grilling hot dogs and hamburgers out of the garage. No line.

But we still had a chance to visit with some of the best people in the world.

People like:

My Aunt Norma (pictured below). And Uncle Fred (pictured behind me in the picture below). Absolutely some of my greatest heroes.


Neighbor girl and long-time friend Melissa Crockett Clark.


My parents, with oldest niece Kelsie. By all calculations, Kelsie will be the next wedding, hopefully not for another six years at the least.
Not pictured are some of the old Paul 4th Ward regulars: The Andersons, Fred and Judy, and other aunts and uncles who are much loved in my heart.

My parents did finally get rid of their old couch. I think it was older than me. It was the type of couch that would have sat comfortably in Napolean Dynamite's home. Now my parents have this upscale sectional model:

Out with the old, in with the new.

3 comments:

MarySquare said...

That looks like so much fun. I should have flown out to be there.

Campbell clan said...

That is so crazy how time has went by. I remember when either Wayne or Eddy would run around on the stand while your Mom would be up bearing her testimony. They were always so entertaining in sacrament.

mariann and Tory said...

Now that is a party!! I wish I would have had that for an option!! Totally would have done that!!