Sunday, October 21, 2007

Jokes

Yesterday we braved the snow and rain to watch BYU beat up Eastern Washington University. We decided to try out the Dine and Dash option available from the University Mall food court. If you eat anywhere in the University Mall, you can get a free bus voucher that will drive you to the BYU game. So we ate Chik-Fil-A, had some Burger House corn dogs, and of course, drank an Orange Julius before the game. While eating in the food court, Kulani starting taking out his beanie cap with the BYU logo on the front. As he pulled out his hat, he said, "My cap's a little more understated than that guy's." I turned around to see what he was talking about, and that's when I saw a huge cougar face sitting atop the head of a middle-aged man. I turned around and burst into laughter. The joke was perfectly played. Kulani could have said, "I wonder if he's going to the game." But the joke he said was so much funnier because it was A.) slightly self-effacing, and (B) underplayed. Beautifully done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Cindy this is Wayne. Your brother, Wayne. You may remember me from such family moments as "Hetty's wedding," or "The Time We All Went To City of Rocks." I am checking out your blog for the first time. It's pretty neat. I'll be checking in more regularly.