Sunday, December 28, 2008

Santa and those BVDs

In my humble opinion, Santa was uber-generous this year. He gave the girls too much stuff. I think he went a little overboard, because in Santa's opinion, these are the prime Christmas-magic years, where the kids still believe with all their hearts.

But he messed up with one gift: he gave the girls, in Lilia's words, "freakin' underwear" in their stockings. It's really weirding Lilia out.

Lilia: "I like all my gifts, but that freakin' underwear."

Mom: "You didn't like the underwear?"

Lilia: "I like the designs and stuff, but it's freakin' underwear from Santa."

I don't think Santa thought it would be such a big deal. I personally always got socks in my stocking, sometimes mittens. But now that I think about it, I don't think I ever got underwear. An old man giving young girls underwear? Not Santa's finest moment perhaps. Why don't they write a manual for this sort of thing? I guess people just assume parents know better. You know what they say about assuming: it makes an "ass" out of "u" and "me." Give Santa a freakin' break. It's not like he stuffed the sock with a bra.

4 comments:

Mr. Flynn said...

Santa stuffs the stockings the hot wheels cars and candy. Boys are so easy.

mariann and Tory said...

That is halarious!!Freakin' underware! FUNNY!

Patrick Lindsay said...

I didn't get any underwear from Santa this year and I missed it. I thought it was supposed to be a family Christmas tradition.
Lani

Angela said...

That's funny, Santa left underwear in my daughters' stockings too. My 9 year old didn't find it amusing either. That's kind of creepy. What a sick old man, giving little girls underwear. What's he thinking?! My daughter thinks I put them in there to freak her out, not Santa. Hmmm!