Wednesday, September 10, 2008

39-20

These will be my most random of things.

39. My sister Mary and I probably hold the record for watching Vanilla Ice's Cool as Ice more than anyone other than the Ice family. Our older sister Kathy was really into the whole white rapper movement, and she rented the movie. We watched it with her more to mock it than anything. Crazy thing was, we LOVED it! Not so much for the movie, but it's mockability. We watched it again and again until she returned it. Best line from the movie: "Drop that zero and get with a hero."

38. I used to like to dry out my tongue. Try it sometime. You get a towel, usually wash cloth size, you hang out your tongue, and dry it out. It takes about a half hour. Serious fun when you're from Heyburn, Odahi.

37. I love swimming in canals. They don't allow people to swim in canals here in Utah County, but almost every canal in southern Idaho has kids playing in it.

36. I honestly thought I was in love with Gilbert Blythe from the Anne of Green Gables books and movies. I even wrote about him in my journal.

35. I still bite my nails.

34. I'm lactose intollerant, but every now and again, I'll test it to make sure. Nope, still am.

33. From kindergarten to 6th grade I had the mushroom haircut that was popular for both boys and girls (see picture below).


Posted by Picasa

That last picture is of me and my older brother Joey. Gimme a break! Until I dug up these photos today, I had no idea I wore the same shirt for school pictures in both 3rd and 4th grades. It worked...both times! You don't even want to know how long that collage took me to create. Try the new Picasa photo album advertised on blogger. It's...pretty...cool.

32. I prefer Miracle Whip on my sandwiches to mayonnaise.

31. The most amount of times I've seen a movie in the movie theater is four. I saw both Rocky IV and Karate Kid II four times each in the theater. Full pop. No matinee. No dollar movie. Oh. No. You'd better believe it was worth every penny.

30. I only have two more months left paying on my student loans.

29. Kulani makes me laugh more than anyone I know. He is the king of zingers.

28. I took beginning ballet in college. Nailed it.

27. I have a secret desire to be in a band made up of friends and siblings. Even just a cover band, where we play old favorites of ours. I view myself as the lead singer, but I'll move to tamborine if it causes waves.

26. Country or the city? In the end, I'd really rather live in a big city, in a nice condo that had a pool. And I would wander around the city a lot, take lots of pictures, and go to the library. I love country life too, but in the end, I think I really would prefer the city.

25. I'm a white/yellow. When I was a kid, I was more of a yellow. As I've matured, I've become more of a white.

24. I love being in a family. Even when I've been alone, I'll find someone else's family and be a part of them.

23. I am the worst rhymer in the world, but that doesn't stop me from tryin'. Ain't no denyin'.

22. If I show you this, don't lose your lunch. Here it is... No, I couldn't do it. Even I was grossed out by it. It was a picture of the bump I have under my tongue from when I was a baby. I had some weird tongue-tied thing where the doctors cut the frenulum (membrane under the tongue). A weird, small growth still exists. Mark of the beast and all that.

21. I have a nightgown that has followed me since high school, and I still love to wear it. I can even wear it when I'm 9 months pregnant. It has two fuzzy dogs on the front. Kulani says that is the one piece of clothing that reminds him most of me.

20. I took a photojournalism class in college. We took pictures for the college newspaper. We even got to work in a darkroom. I don't think darkrooms exist anymore except for maybe the photography department. Even then, I doubt the pictures are as good as digital.

100-80
79-60
59-40
19-1

1 comment:

mariann and Tory said...

"Drop that zero and get with a hero."
THat is halarious! I totally remember that era!